Proudly Serving Our Country and Our Communities
We care deeply for our country and for the communities in which we live. At Pragmatics, we maintain a vibrant culture of generosity, responsibility and social awareness. For more than three decades, Pragmatics has contributed to numerous organizations and causes, with a focus on improving the quality of life for people in need, providing relief in times of turmoil, and promoting education and economic development.
Pragmatics has generously supported various natural disaster relief efforts and families of the 9/11 attacks on the United States. In addition, Pragmatics has sponsored numerous events for wounded veterans.
In November 2009, Pragmatics Founder and CEO Dr. Long Nguyen and his wife made a $5 million donation to George Mason University. The donation established the Long and Kimmy Nguyen Engineering Building, a world-class facility for teaching and research at the university’s Fairfax campus. The Nguyens made the donation to underscore their strong commitment to the university, education, and northern Virginia, where their family resides.
In February 2017, Ms. Kimmy Duong, Vice Chair/Chief Financial Officer of Pragmatics, Inc., and President of The Kimmy Foundation pledged $2 million to fund scholarships at the University of Maryland to support engineering and business students.
PragmaticSERVES: Supporting Community-Based Charity
In 2008, we established PragmaticSERVES (Supports, Encourages, Responds, Values, Energizes, and Strengthens) to give back to the communities where our employees live and work. Its mission is to encourage interaction among employees by working with charitable and nonprofit organizations that provide support on a community level.
PragmaticSERVES has experienced great success, with active participation from employees from each of Pragmatics’ offices. This initiative shows that Pragmatics employees take great pride in the company’s strong commitment to corporate citizenship.
Pragmatics recently held a food drive to support a local food bank; employees generously donated more than 400 pounds of food and $500 to this initiative.
Recent Charitable Initiatives Include:
- Raising more than $3,500 to help those affected my the destruction from Hurricane Matthew in 2016. Pragmatics’ CEO Dr. Long Nguyen generously matched employee donations dollar-for-dollar. All donations were made through the American Red Cross.
- Raising more than $4,500 to help the relief efforts and those affected by the 2016 Louisiana Floods. Pragmatics’ CEO Dr. Long Nguyen generously matched employee donations dollar-for-dollar. All donations were made through the American Red Cross.
- Raising nearly $7,500 to help those affected by devastating earthquakes in Nepal. Pragmatics employees donated more than $3,700, and CEO Dr. Long Nguyen generously matched the donation dollar-for-dollar. All donations were made through the American Red Cross.
- A donation to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation (SOWF), an organization that supports the military’s Special Operations Forces and their families. This support includes paying expenses for college students who are the children of deceased Special Operations Forces service members.
- A donation to a Women in Defense Greater Tampa Bay, Fla., Holiday Social and Annual Fundraiser to benefit the Southeastern Guide Dogs (SGD) Paws for Patriots Program. The mission of the program is to create and nurture a partnership between visually impaired or combat-weary veterans and a guide dog, facilitating life’s journey with mobility, independence, and dignity. The event raised more than $30,000 for the Program.
- Raising more than $1,200 to benefit Middleton High School in the Tampa Bay, Fla., area. Pragmatics supported a fundraiser sponsored by Greater Tampa Bay Women in Defense. Funds raised benefit the school’s STEM programs.
- Raising $13,700 to support those affected by the November 2013 typhoon in the Philippines. Once again, CEO Dr. Long Nguyen matched all employee contributions dollar-for-dollar.
- Raising more than $8,000 to support families affected by the May 2013 tornadoes/storms in Oklahoma. CEO Dr. Long Nguyen generously matched all employee contributions dollar-for-dollar.
- Raising more than $10,000 to support families affected by Hurricane Sandy through the American Red Cross. CEO Dr. Long Nguyen generously matched all employee contributions for this initiative dollar-for-dollar.
- Partnering with the Salvation Army for a ninth year to sponsor the Angel Tree Program. In 2016, Pragmatics provided 50 children in need with new clothing and toys during the holiday season.
For more information about Pragmatics’ Corporate Responsibility programs, please visit our Contact Us page, or contact our corporate headquarters directly at 703-890-8500.